December 19, 2014, 08:03:20 AM
bigger smaller reset 800px Wide width Full width Reset * *

Hunter Offroad Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Ford Ranger SAS  (Read 14538 times)
T-Ray
Mall Crawler

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 11:30:54 AM »

Well...Huh  Grin
Outdoorsman
Wheeler

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 12:27:25 PM »

As of yesterday the rear of the truck is mostly completed. I need new U-Bolts (mine were bent) and extended breaklines. I'll be visiting it on Thursday and I'll have pictures shortly. Next is the tear down of the front and then building it back up. The axle is all ground down and cleaned up. Hopefully it'll be completed by early-mid Noevmer. I can't wait to get it back!
Outdoorsman
Wheeler

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 07:28:28 PM »

Here are a few pictures. It doesn't look like much, but it has some serious rake! If I had something beside it to show a height comparison it would be obvious.  I need some extended brake lines and some shocks for the rear along with new u-bolts (mine are slightly bent). Next starts the tear down....

T-Ray
Mall Crawler

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 12:17:43 PM »

Shocked Wow! That may be THE cleanest & nicest looking Ranger I have ever seen.
Outdoorsman
Wheeler

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 12:44:17 PM »

Thank you! I'm proud of it! Its got plenty of undercarriage dents and scrapes and if you look at the right angle plenty of desert pinstriping. I'm sure by the time it's done it'll have a nice layer of dust over it.
Hunter
Owner/MOD
Administrator
Rock Stud

Tube Doctor

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 09:35:41 AM »

TOday should be a fun day.  I have it moved to its project spot where I will be working on it.  I plan on getting the 35 on the back and getting jacked up level.  Cant wait to see the ride height its sitting at. Keep ya posted.

10 Years Of Service to the Valley   Feb 1998 to Feb 2008
Outdoorsman
Wheeler

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 02:51:15 AM »

The bulk of the work on the rear is completed. Just need shocks, brake lines, u-bolts, and extended breather tubes. That stuff will be taken care of towards the end when Hunter is finishing up all the "little" stuff. The front IFS is all torn down. Next week begins cleaning up the frame and setting up the steering. I should have pictures later this weekend. I forgot my camera memory and my buddy stopped by and took a few pictures for me. So far it looks like we're on track for early/mid November.

Here is the one of two pictures taken. The other one came out terrible! I plan on doing better next week.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 01:14:14 AM by Outdoorsman » Logged
T-Ray
Mall Crawler

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 08:03:31 AM »

It's looking good. I stopped by and saw the progress on Friday, noce rims you got on there...better than my black steelies I'll be running.  Cool
Outdoorsman
Wheeler

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 08:36:06 AM »

I wanted rims that would be cheap, lightweight, and decent looking. I got these for $85 each so I was happy and they fit the criteria. I'll be stopping by the shop proably around the end of the week to check out the progress. We're on time for my truck to get out of the shop. Hopefully that will be the week of Noevmber 9th or possibly November 16th. That extra week might used for getting all the little things done like bolting up shocks, extending breather tubes, brake lines, etc.
Outdoorsman
Wheeler

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 12:50:36 AM »

I visited my truck today. It's 90% ready to begin the build up. He just has a few more places on the bottom of the frame to clean up. Next week hopefully most of the front end will be mocked up. I took a bunch of pictures........

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:52:46 AM by Outdoorsman » Logged
Dan Lee
Wheeler

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 08:50:00 AM »

nice, good to see the Ford crew getting represented!  I've done a Dana44 on an earlier model Explorer.  Once you eliminate the stock transmission they are a dangerous platform.  You get a solid frame, good axles, an engine that can take quite a bit of abuse and the perfect wheelbase.

Dan Lee
Wheeler

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 08:52:02 AM »

oh yeah, and get that thing done to Run Crown King with some other Fords in a month!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258370&page=3

Outdoorsman
Wheeler

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 09:50:18 AM »

I don't know if I'll be able to make it, but I'll post up in that thread if I can. Thanks!
Dan Lee
Wheeler

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »

what steering box are you using with that setup by the way?

Outdoorsman
Wheeler

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 01:55:20 PM »

Toyota IFS box.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: